Here one of my favourite recipes for my cups of tea. If I can make it, anybody can!!! I've found it in a nice blog! Enjoy!
Chocolate crackle-top biscuits
Write a Review! (optional)
- 50 g butter, chopped
- 100 g good-quality dark chocolate
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- Place butter and 50g chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until melted and smooth.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg and brown sugar in a small bowl on high speed until thick. Stir in chocolate mixture.Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa over chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Chop remaining chocolate into small pieces. Stir into dough. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 180°C Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of dough into balls. Roll in icing sugar to coat. Place biscuits on trays, allowing room to spread.
- Bake biscuits for 12 minutes or until firm. Stand on trays for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Serve.