Hello, it's such a busy week after the holidays, work, work and more work! My day job has been very intense and my craft shop was an explosion of orders, 37 brooches for a hens night and many purse holder! I love so much to make them! but of course I had to take time to share this cute tutorial from Prudent Baby.
1. Download the Porcupine Pincushion Template here.
2. Cut out 2 side-views and 1 bottom-view from tan felt.
3. With sides pinned together whip-stitch from tip of tail to tip of nose with 3 strands of brown embroidery thread. Your stitches need to be pretty close together to hold the beans in later.
4. Add simple stitches for eyes and a satin stitch for nose, if desired.
5. Spread out the legs of your sides and align with bottom piece. (If he doesn't line up perfectly, feel free to trim him a bit.)
6. Whip-stitch top piece to bottom piece all the way around except for one leg (to allow for stuffing)
7. Stuff your porcupine firmly with stuffing.
8. Stuff the belly with (a few tablespoons, maybe?) of dried beans. You want the beans to be directly inside the felt of the belly. This gives the pincushion some stability.
9. Stitch up the last leg and tie off.
Send me your photos if you make it!
Happy week end to you all!!!
bags bathroom bedroom buttons cake card chocolate Christmas crafts creativity crochet design diy downloads earth friendly easter food ideas freebie gardens gifts giveaway handmade holiday home deco ideas inspiration decors kids kitchen Labels living room madaboutpink store ornaments paper party idea photos pink pretty things printable recipe rooms self covered buttons SEWING shabby chic shopping stationary style Tutorials valentine wedding